1. Ice apple acts as an excellent coolant and naturally cools the body in the summer and regulates the body temperature. It quenches the thirst and provides energy to stay active throughout the day.
2. Ice apples is packed with a good amount of minerals sodium and potassium which helps in maintaining the fluid and electrolyte balance in the body. This property of ice apple works best in preventing dehydration and fatigue in summer.
3. It is a natural remedy for several stomach ailments and digestive issues, ice apple helps in relieving constipation and promotes bowel movements. It also relieves acidity and stomach ulcers. Ice apple eases minor stomach ailments and nausea that often occur during pregnancy.
4. The presence of several phytochemicals in ice apples possesses strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial in slowing down the process of aging and reducing the risk of health problems such as heart disease and cancer.
5. Skin problems such as heat rashes and prickly heat are very common in summer. Applying the flesh of an iced apple on the affected areas relieves the itchiness and provides a soothing effect.
6. Ice apple is loaded with potassium and helps in cleansing the toxins out of the body and promotes liver health.
7. A low-calorie watery fruit ice apple is an ideal deal to lose weight. The presence of water keeps you satiated for a long time and helps in losing weight naturally.
With a stiff brown exterior and a jelly-like interior, the Taal fruit is a cooling treat in the hot summer season of India. The flesh of this fruit is similar to litchi in texture and the taste is similar to fresh coconut. The fruit is used to make the Indian alcoholic beverage, toddy. Grown in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Goa, and Kerala, this fruit has the following health benefits:
- It provides a perfect balance of minerals and sugar for the body during the summer season.
- It is rich in B vitamins, iron, and calcium.
- The fruit also has an abundance of vitamins A, B, and C, iron, zinc, phosphorous, and potassium.
- It helps in giving relief from ailments such as nausea, fatigue, heat stroke, liver problems, and digestive issues.
- It helps in hydrating the body and also helps in weight loss.
- Ice Apple is very good for pregnant women.