Sweet Potato is an excellent root vegetable fully packed with antioxidants like Vitamin C, beta-carotene and Vitamin E. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, manganese and Vitamin B6.
- Sweet Potatoes and Vitamin C
Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant helps to boost immunity, vital for growth and repair of all body tissues, helps heal cuts and wounds, improves cardiovascular health, avoids degenerative diseases, keeps teeth and gums healthy. Flavonoids in Vitamin C protects eyes from cataract and macular degeneration.
- Beta carotene rich in Sweet Potatoes are good for eye health, improves vision, aids in preventing night blindness, dry eyes and also strengthens retina.
- Sweet Potatoes and Vitamin E
Vitamin E is very important for healthy skin, hair and eyes, to boost the immunity function, protects our body against diseases, keeps our cells and tissues healthy.
- Sweet Potatoes rich in dietary fiber,
- helps in proper bowel function, helps to reduce constipation
- to reduce the blood cholesterol levels,
- reduces the risk of heart disease, obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
- provides a feeling of fullness with fewer calories.
5. Sweet Potatoes and Potassium
Potassium helps to maintain normal body growth, muscle strengthening, build proteins, proper heart functioning, lower cholesterol level, controls blood pressure, enhances electrolytic functions, regulates water movements and helps to prevent muscle cramps.