1. Bananas Contain Many Important Nutrients
Bananas are rich in fiber, antioxidants and several nutrients. A medium-sized banana has about 105 calories.
2. Bananas Contain Nutrients That Moderate Blood Sugar Levels
Bananas can help moderate blood sugar levels after meals and may reduce appetite by slowing stomach emptying.
3. Bananas May Improve Digestive Health
Bananas are fairly rich in fiber and resistant starch, which may feed your friendly gut bacteria and safeguard against colon cancer.
5. Bananas May Support Heart Health
Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium — two nutrients that are essential for heart health.
6. Bananas Contain Powerful Antioxidants
Bananas are high in several antioxidants, which may help reduce damage from free radicals and lower your risk of some diseases.
7. Bananas May Help You Feel More Full
Depending on ripeness, bananas harbor high amounts of resistant starch or pectin. Both may reduce appetite and help keep you full.
8. Unripe Bananas May Improve Insulin Sensitivity
Unripe bananas are a good source of resistant starch, which may improve insulin sensitivity. However, more research is needed.
9. Bananas May Improve Kidney Health
Eating a banana several times a week may reduce your risk of kidney disease by up to 50%.
10. Bananas May Have Benefits for Exercise
Bananas may help relieve muscle cramps caused by exercise. They also provide excellent fuel for endurance exercise.
11. Bananas Are Easy to Add to Your Diet
Bananas make an excellent snack food, dessert or breakfast. Their versatility makes them easy to add to your diet.