Conducting a meeting which is very effective and result oriented is very important. The key factor that makes the meeting yielding and successful is the leadership with clear framework and optimizing their behavior so that every person involved in the meeting has an action plan and clarity in the steps to be taken by the end of the meeting.
The below mentioned steps guides you to make the best of the meetings.
- Decide on what is the exact purpose of conducting the meeting. Establish achievable goals for the meeting, the goals that are set will establish a clear framework for an effective meeting action plan.
- Once the meeting plan is set, schedule a meeting with the required personnel. Make efforts to determine that the meeting is the best opportunity for problem solving, process improvement or to make an effective action plan.
- Set a clear intention on the desired outcome of the meeting. Share the agenda of the meeting in advance to make the meetings most productive and produce effective results.
- While conducting the meeting, encourage inputs from all the participants. This helps to encourage possible out-of-the-box or dissenting opinions.
- After the conclusion of the meeting, share the minutes of the meeting with the participants, this helps in making follow ups later on an easy endeavor.