The quickest way to make the windows 7 bootable is through USB drive. We require the following:
- PC running Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Windows 7, 32/64-bit (depending on the system) installation disk
- USB drive with at least 8GB of free storage
How to prepare the USB drive:
- Open command prompt as administrator – Right click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt and select Run as administrator or type cmd in the Start search bar.
- Run diskpart utility by typing diskpart into command prompt window and pressing “Enter”
- Locate your USB drive disk number by executing list disk. We’ll assume the USB drive is 1.
- Run the following commands:
select disk 1
create partition primary
select partition 1
Now the USB drive is prepared, now it should be made bootable:
Insert Windows 7, 32/64-bit installation disk into DVD drive. Let’s assume it’s D
- Go to D:\boot (cd d:\boot)
- If your USB drive letter is “e” please run bootsect /nt60 e:
- Copy DVD Windows 7 media content to USB root folder (etc. don’t put it into any folder)
Now it is ready to install Windows 7 from USB flash drive!