A smartphone is like a small portable computer, just like the way a computer gets infected with virus, getting hacked and if it is unsecured it can also provide access to your personal information the same way a smartphone can get infected.
Few simple tips to keep your mobile secured at all the times:
– Read the mobile operating instructions manual carefully. The security setting, pin settings, infrared settings etc. this helps to keep your mobile secured from malicious programs.
– Set a pin which is unpredictable yet easy to remember.
– Note the IMEI code of your mobile. This number helps to prevent the access to the stolen mobile. Using the IMEI number the operator can block the mobile.
– Do not make your mobile a source of personal data, it is always dangerous to lose important data to strangers.
– Define your own trusted devices which can be connected to your mobile through Bluetooth
– While downloading applications through Bluetooth or MMS attachments, one should be careful as it might contain harmful software which will affect the mobile.
– Regularly, backup important data in the mobile phone.
– Avoid downloading content from any untrusted sources
– Use free cleansing tools that are available on the internet to clean the malicious software in your mobile.