Survival should be your top priority if you get caught in the fire. Survival should be your top priority if you get caught in the fire.
Follow these simple steps to save from fire
• Don’t panic and be calm
• Alert everyone about the fire and get them out.
• To escape through smoke, stay as low as you can, face down and crawl on your hands and knees.
• Know your emergency exits and assemble at assembly area.• When escaping, always use the stairs and head to ground level. If there is smoke in the stairwell, avoid using it and choose another route.
• Call the emergency help if you are stuck in the fire.
Below are the preventive measures that need to be taken to be safe from fire accident
• Switch off all electrical outlets when not in use.
• Shut down your computer and turn off the power switch and the lights when leaving the office for the day.
• Install smoke detectors to alert the presence of smoke.
• Never store flammable materials near heat sources.
• Replace broken wires and place the exposed wiring properly.
• Keep fire extinguisher in case of emergency.